Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Dating Game Challenge 101

As I am sure I left some of you with questions here and there, to tie up loose ends, I want to clarify and further elaborate on some aspects of the Dating Game Challenge. What it is and what it is not...

What it is... 

I am a firm believer that the Dating Game Challenge is capable of helping woman with their shy personalities as it pushes them to date and "get out there" by interacting with many guys. However, my own reason to take on this challenge is simple! Too simple! In all aspects of life it is important to do research, be it when making a big purchase or an important decision. A relationship is a big deal, at least to me it is. I feel that, as a rational woman, it is important to evaluate our choices. Dating helps us decide whether we are ready to be in a relationship and it also helps us discover what we like and don't like in a partner.

What it is not...

It is not going to be a place where I will put my dates on blast!! As mad as I am at a guy I will never speak of them negatively. I will however describe situations that I feel should be mentioned but will do so with respect. My intention is to talk about what I learned from each guy. What the dating game is not  about, it is not about SEX! My blog is not at all going to be about sex... I may talk about it here and there but it is definitely not the theme of my blog. The reason I date, which my Mother and all the older woman in my family have repeated to me on AND ON (...AND ON) is as my Mom says "you date to EVENTUALLY (and I stress eventually) find someone you would like to marry." In my own perspective I date, not necessarily to find a HUSBAND, but to build a relationship with a person I can see myself with in the future (in the not so near future!). So what I am trying to say is that I do not and will not date anyone that I do not consider a relationship with. I take men seriously because of course I expect for them to do the same!

That is all for that... Now onto something else... Some may be wondering what I will take from this experience. To my readers that know me on a personal level know that I am a very confident person, too confident at times. To be honest, I don't know where I get this confidence from exactly but I do feel that there is one thing that helps! I love myself. I love myself A LOT! Its not in a conceited kind of way its in a "I deserve the best because I try to be the best person I can be" type of way. I hope that makes sense. They say "You must first love yourself in order for someone else to love you." This is 100% true!! This has also been key throughout this Challenge because I have definitely encountered situations which make me wonder why even date? Why put myself out there? And thats the thing about dating, you won't find the perfect guy right away, I have dated a handful of guys this year and let me tell you I have not thought any of these was perfect for me! But as my Mom once told me "No hay peor lucha que la que no se hace no se hace." Translation: NOTHING ventured, NOTHING gained. I mean, who knows right, what if this guy is THE GUY but you never show him that. Anyway, throughout all this, I remind myself that dating will be what I make of it and if it doesn't work out, whether I don't like him or he doesn't like me, at least we had a good time. I was enlightened when I realized that in dating you have to walk in without expectations but at the same time holding your highest standards. Meaning that I must expect my date to fuck up big time in case he wasn't what I expected him to be while still be down to have fun together. I believe in holding high standards that they must meet to get that second date, why keep dating a jerk or someone you have nothing in common with?!

Now onto MEEEEE (My favorite topic of today's blog)
I am realistic and I know it is impossible to have all of the qualities I like in one man but these are only little things that I feel are important. 

I want butterflies. 


For him to not open the car door. 
Why? Because if he is not willing to do it for the rest of our life then I am not interested!


After I cooked, he washed the dishes!
I hate the dishes >:/


Don't buy me a dozen flowers, buy me a dozen cupcakes!
My love for cupcakes arises!


Sorry Mijo but you have to know how to dance...
Can't dance, we can't date jk I'm down to teach him!


Skip the fancy dinners and lets go on a road trip instead.
Its not about the quantity you spend but the quality of the time together.


A guy can't show me all this on a first date so I have to trust in myself that I will only date the guys I feel are worthy of me and of my time. Stay tuned, stay classy and subscribe!  




No comments:

Post a Comment