Monday, July 22, 2013

#CollegeGirlProblems and the Art of Filtering


First and foremost, I want to thank you all for following my posts and for sharing my Blog with your friends! And of course for Subscribing! If you have not yet subscribed, I really appreciate if you do! ;) Hope my insight empowers all you lovely people that are interested in my experience with this Challenge! Also, I hope my experiences help you all reflect on your own lives and that  my gained wisdom in relationships assists you in making better relationship/dating decisions.

Now what many of you have been expecting! I’m starting to get into the good stuff, the step by step dating process! Before the fun and games of dating I actually do have to do some work! What kind of work? Its simple ground work. I definitely start by encourage myself to go out and I usually do not have a problem with that but, let me tell you, being a small town college student limits where you can go and what you can do! Being a college student is a full time job and for those of us that also have a part time job it can be very difficult. Not to mention, how time consuming studying and preparing for courses can be as we must dedicate full focus on courses. And of course the lack of sleep does not make it any easier. So that you all understand my suffering I will expand on this (wahhhhhh)! Below I will describe several difficulties I have encountered dating while in college...

Problem #1 School school and more school ugh!

I am always at school. I attempt to take 16 units every quarter and when I am not in class or at my job, I am usually at the library. Okay so I know what you are thinking “Why is she complaining she must go to school with many smart educated men.” That is where everyone is wrong!!!! This is where I get into the REAL problem and it is the ratio of men to women at my school. Oh my, it is ridiculous! Let me tell you, the statistics show that there is a 4 to 6 ratio of men to woman. Moreover, the Latino community at my University is about 16% of the entire school population. Lets not do math but thats a pretty limited amount of men I can meet. Being that there are so many guys and so little girls the inevitable occurs. I mean who can blame them right, with so many girls left and right many must of gone a little girl crazy. However what is very unfortunate is that many of the guys that I have met stopped looking for anything more...So the moral of this story is ENCOURAGE MEN TO GO TO COLLEGE because they will meet a lot of smart and beautiful women!  

Problem #2 Time flies

The struggle between should I sleep or should I dress semi-decent today? This is my inner conflict every single morning!  A guy shouldn’t just look at my outer beauty but I do feel that it would help my own confidence if I dressed up a little more here and there! More often than not, I pick sleep rather than looking cute for school. This of course means wearing them YOGA PANTS or sporting what my best guy friend calls “the Rachet bun.” I tell myself at the beginning of the year that I will try to dress up more often for school but honestly it is very difficult especially towards midterms/finals week!

Problem #3 Awaiting the 21st!

I am 20 years old and let us all agree that men are, lets just say, less mature than us females... I prefer to date older men maybe a few years older. I have met my share of immature 19 and 20 year olds. Age is nothing but a number, they say to which I disagree. Age is important to me at least in my present stage of life. From this Challenge I have learned that dating younger men is not a good idea but that story will come later! Anyway! With that being said, I am 20 years old and currently feeling too old for the 18 and over section! I impatiently await my 21st birthday and anticipate hanging out with a different crowd!

Thats all for that...

Filtering: Take control 

Anyway, you all may be wondering what I mean by filtering. Filtering is perhaps THE MOST IMPORTANT step in my dating process. In my previous blogs, I discussed self-love and I have also talked about the importance of knowing what I want in a person; however these two things go hand in hand with filtering. Here we go, first and foremost I must admit that I will not go out of my way to talk to guys! To me, there is not necessarily a who approaches who rule; however it is a known fact that approaching a guy completely feeds his ego. Which is something I try not to do early on! On the other hand, I do expect the guy to be the first to ask me out on a date. If he wants to spend time with me he will be persistent if he doesn’t show much interest there is no second chance. Peace. Second chances will NOT be given early on. To me it is important to only date the men that I am interested in as I would not want to waste his or my time. I also think it is really important to know enough about the guy to be comfortable around each other and have things to talk about. There is nothing worse than a quiet date.
What I want you all to take from my blog today is that as women we chose who we date. Men may approach us but we decide who the lucky few that will enjoy our company will be. Take control of your dating life. Stay tuned, stay classy and subscribe ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment